A Play?!

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
catrose

A Play?!

Post by catrose »

Hi All,

Umm, my first Legamus post? Hmm. Could we do a play by any chance? Anyone interested?

I've found a fun one by J.M.Barrie (published 1928) called Half an Hour. It's about a young wife tried to run away with her lover, but something goes wrong. here it is in PG Canada: http://www.gutenberg.ca/ebooks/barriejm ... -00-h.html

Oh and it's only one act.

Next suggestion (moving swiftly on....I think this is a better idea. At least, it isn't a one-act play!) The Improper Duchess by James B. Fagan. It is a "modern comedy in 3 Acts" about The Duchess of Tann who moves to Washington DC to secure a loan from from a bunch of crooked oil executives.

http://www.gutenberg.ca/ebooks/faganjb- ... -00-h.html

Cat

EDIT: James B. Fagan (18 May 1873 – 17 February 1933)
Cat
J_N

Re: A Play?!

Post by J_N »

If you don't mind non-natives, I am always up for a play (though I am not really any good - so I usually only take small parts where it's not so obvious :D)

and I would recommend starting with the one act play... it's shorter and has less characters... there are much much fewer reader's on legamus than on librivox and even on librivox it can take a while for a play to finish
Julia
catrose

Post by catrose »

I agree! One Act Play it is! If we get anymore comments on this, I think I'll set it up next week! :D

P.S. You were very good in Ivanov!
Cat
rapunzelina

Post by rapunzelina »

oh hi cat!! Welcome to legamus :D

Maybe we can try the audacity features to make various different voices to fill the roles!?
J_N wrote:If you don't mind non-natives, I am always up for a play
This will really be a collection of non-native accents. I like it! :D

Cat, would you say you speak English with a Welsh accent, or there's just no such thing?
catrose

Post by catrose »

It would be a brilliant collestion of non-native accents! :)Yes, I have a very Welsh accent. :D And Audacity could be used to change our voices :)
Cat