Welcome everybody!

FAQ, comments and suggestions
rosehip
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat 14. May 2016, 19:50

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by rosehip » Sat 14. May 2016, 19:59

Hello,
I read for Librivox ( an Irishwoman living in UK) and I am intrigued to join you all here too! Look forward to spending time here and tackling some new projects.
Carol

Hokuspokus
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon 11. Aug 2008, 11:40
Location: Germany

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Hokuspokus » Sun 15. May 2016, 05:47

Welcome Carol! :D

User avatar
Claudia
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu 2. Jul 2015, 08:04
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Claudia » Sat 28. May 2016, 06:47

Welcome, Carol! :D

User avatar
Basquetteur
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri 8. Jul 2016, 15:09
Location: Belgium - Belgique - België - Bélgica

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Basquetteur » Fri 8. Jul 2016, 15:17

Hi,
I am Basquetteur, a Spanish living in Belgium. I collaborate in Librivox since about January 2016, so I am quite new there also.

I do not read, I only do covers. And I realise here the practice of making covers may not be the same here as in Librivox. Anyhow I am willing to collaborate here also, for books that can be produced in Europe and not in Librivox. I see there are not yet books in Spanish here.

I put my covers in Librivox just for fun, here:
https://archive.org/details/fav-basquette&tab=about

Regards,

Basquetteur

User avatar
Cori
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu 2. Jun 2011, 23:43
Contact:

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Cori » Sun 10. Jul 2016, 11:27

Good to have you here, Basquetteur! I don't know much about the cover process here, but I am always really happy to get covers for my books. :D
"The oldest books are still only just out to those who have not read them." — Samuel Butler

User avatar
Claudia
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu 2. Jul 2015, 08:04
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Claudia » Tue 12. Jul 2016, 07:00

Welcome, Basquetteur! :)

I don't know anything about the cover process here (and only a little about the one at lv), but I agree with Cori: covers are great and an essential part of the whole work. :D

User avatar
J_N
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue 8. May 2012, 10:29
Location: Austria

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by J_N » Fri 22. Jul 2016, 17:40

Welcome to Legamus. :)

The cover process is somewhat simplified as we only do a picture cover (if you take a look at our catalogue, you can see what I mean)

Basic rules:
  1. The BC has the right to refuse a cover, so please check beforehand if your 'vision' suits the BC and also be mentally prepared to make some changes :)
  2. Picture sources have to be public domain - information about the source should be either posted in the thread of the work or directly on the cover
If you have any questions, just shout! :D
Julia

Mongope
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 23. Mar 2017, 16:31
Location: España

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Mongope » Thu 23. Mar 2017, 16:55

¡Hola! Soy Mongope, colaboro en LibriVox donde ya he grabado varios audiolibros. Me gustaría hacer algún proyecto aquí. No sé qué requisitos son necesarios. Iré mirando los foros o si me podéis ayudar "encantada"

Saludos a todos. ;)

https://librivox.org/reader/10246?prima ... et_results

Hokuspokus
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon 11. Aug 2008, 11:40
Location: Germany

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Hokuspokus » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 09:17

Hello Mongope and welcome to Legamus! :D

Most things here are quite similar to LV, most important: the tech specs are the same. As you have done recordings for LV you can go to the Launch Pad and start your project.
viewforum.php?f=11

Mongope
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 23. Mar 2017, 16:31
Location: España

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Mongope » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 10:45

Hokuspokus wrote:Hello Mongope and welcome to Legamus! :D

Most things here are quite similar to LV, most important: the tech specs are the same. As you have done recordings for LV you can go to the Launch Pad and start your project.
viewforum.php?f=11
Muchas gracias por la bienvenida, Hokuspokus.
Tengo una pregunta o una duda o como lo queramos llamar: No sé si me he equivocado de sitio, no veo que el idioma español esté presente aquí. ¿Me equivoco?
He visto algunos proyectos en los que en el enunciado figura "SPA" y he creído que eran grabados en español, pero al comprobar veo que no. Están en inglés.
Las plantillas de los proyectos tampoco dan la opción en español...Esto no es problema, pero quizá...aquí no se aceptan los proyectos en español...??? Y...si se aceptan, porqué no existe la plantilla en español?
No sé...

Gracias.

Montse.

Hokuspokus
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon 11. Aug 2008, 11:40
Location: Germany

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Hokuspokus » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 20:42

There are no Spanish recordings yet and unfortunately there is no Spanish translation for the template. But we do of course except Spanish recordings. We would be very happy to have yours!

You can use the English template or if you want, translate it into Spanish. We could then add it to the template generator for all future Spanish readers. Same for Intro and Outro.

I don't know if there is any Spanish speaking person around at the moment. DPL could become a problem. Maybe you know someone at LV or some other friend you could ask to PL for you?

mattfromabove
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun 26. Mar 2017, 17:37

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by mattfromabove » Wed 29. Mar 2017, 00:41

I do not understand your access policy here - I registered 2 days ago and posted a question.

I'm logged and I have ZERO posts.

So can you tell me WHEN the access will be granted? Or there are any unspecified conditions I have to accomplish?

Hokuspokus
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon 11. Aug 2008, 11:40
Location: Germany

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Hokuspokus » Wed 29. Mar 2017, 06:44

Hello Matt and welcome here :D

The first post of each person must be approved by an admin which I did just now. We are under a massive spam attack at the moment (we are working on it). I am afraid you first post got lost among the spam. Sorry. Please ask your question again.

codigoyarte
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon 1. May 2017, 17:24

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by codigoyarte » Mon 1. May 2017, 17:53

Hi,
My name is Antonio Soto Patiño and I’m studying to become a voice over actor in Spain.
Before that, I have been working and living in many countries for twenty years, and I speak six languages.

Since I am much more literature-biassed than most of my voice over colleagues, I thought that a good way to get experience, as well as improving practically my acting skills, could be to read books I loved. I just started last week by recording myself in Spanish The Raven, by Edward Allan Poe, both as an audio podcast in SoundCloud and as a YouTube video with Rachmaninov's music as background (The isle of the dead, op.29).

I was just searching for new places to syndicate the podcast RSS, when I suddenly found your site. It has been an incredible encounter. All of a sudden, I have found a new mean to express my abilities, and at the same time find readers that I do not need to look for myself. I can focus simply in improving and doing a better job with the reading and audiobook processing.

While my final goal is to make of my voice a living (together with computer programming), I am a true believer of open source projects and to give back in exchange of the so much we receive from others. Therefore I think this could be a wonderful way to offer something to others while, at the same time, building my own career by doing something beneficial to others.

I am ready, and willing, to help you with texts in Spanish, English, French, Italian and even Russian or German (well, I am now learning German, although I could read with a very good accent, even though I wouldn’t understand much of what I would be reading… yet).

:D

Antonio

codigoyarte
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon 1. May 2017, 17:24

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by codigoyarte » Mon 1. May 2017, 18:01

Mongope wrote:
Hokuspokus wrote:Hello Mongope and welcome to Legamus! :D

Most things here are quite similar to LV, most important: the tech specs are the same. As you have done recordings for LV you can go to the Launch Pad and start your project.
viewforum.php?f=11
Muchas gracias por la bienvenida, Hokuspokus.
Tengo una pregunta o una duda o como lo queramos llamar: No sé si me he equivocado de sitio, no veo que el idioma español esté presente aquí. ¿Me equivoco?
He visto algunos proyectos en los que en el enunciado figura "SPA" y he creído que eran grabados en español, pero al comprobar veo que no. Están en inglés.
Las plantillas de los proyectos tampoco dan la opción en español...Esto no es problema, pero quizá...aquí no se aceptan los proyectos en español...??? Y...si se aceptan, porqué no existe la plantilla en español?
No sé...

Gracias.

Montse.
Hola, Montse:
Soy español y nuevo en Librivox y Legamos. Mi idea era leer libros, pues es mi enfoque personal y profesional actual, pero puedo ayudar con otras tareas.
Y empezar a hacer crecer la comunidad en español.
Saludos.
Antonio

Hi, Hocuspocus (or maybe Hokuspokus -in the germanised version-), :-)
I am new to LV and Legamus, but I can help with Spanish books. And in other languages as well.
Regards,
Antonio

Hokuspokus
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon 11. Aug 2008, 11:40
Location: Germany

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Hokuspokus » Tue 2. May 2017, 07:32

Hello Antonio and welcome!

Depending an the translation you used, you could add your Raven recording to our Multilingual Collection if you want. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=997

codigoyarte
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon 1. May 2017, 17:24

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by codigoyarte » Tue 2. May 2017, 21:43

Thanks, Hokuspokus,
I will check if it can be done.
Antonio

Mongope
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu 23. Mar 2017, 16:31
Location: España

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Mongope » Tue 2. May 2017, 23:43

codigoyarte wrote:
Mongope wrote:
Hokuspokus wrote:Hello Mongope and welcome to Legamus! :D

Most things here are quite similar to LV, most important: the tech specs are the same. As you have done recordings for LV you can go to the Launch Pad and start your project.
viewforum.php?f=11
Muchas gracias por la bienvenida, Hokuspokus.
Tengo una pregunta o una duda o como lo queramos llamar: No sé si me he equivocado de sitio, no veo que el idioma español esté presente aquí. ¿Me equivoco?
He visto algunos proyectos en los que en el enunciado figura "SPA" y he creído que eran grabados en español, pero al comprobar veo que no. Están en inglés.
Las plantillas de los proyectos tampoco dan la opción en español...Esto no es problema, pero quizá...aquí no se aceptan los proyectos en español...??? Y...si se aceptan, porqué no existe la plantilla en español?
No sé...

Gracias.

Montse.
Hola, Montse:
Soy español y nuevo en Librivox y Legamos. Mi idea era leer libros, pues es mi enfoque personal y profesional actual, pero puedo ayudar con otras tareas.
Y empezar a hacer crecer la comunidad en español.
Saludos.
Antonio

Hi, Hocuspocus (or maybe Hokuspokus -in the germanised version-), :-)
I am new to LV and Legamus, but I can help with Spanish books. And in other languages as well.
Regards,
Antonio

Hola, Antonio. De momento no he iniciado ningún proyecto aquí. Pero es posible que lo haga más adelante. Muchas gracias y bienvenido :D

RiDi
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu 21. Dec 2017, 19:39

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by RiDi » Mon 17. Sep 2018, 10:26

Hi everybody,
I just had my 1st Libriversary at Librivox. LV is where I learnt about legamus.
At LV, I am coordinating my first book (Jenseit des Tweed by Theodor Fontane) at the moment.

I'm just checking in today, but I might come up with a legamus project of my own, when I finished my LV project.

Thank you all for your great work.

Have a nice day
Ricarda

User avatar
Viktor
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon 4. Jul 2005, 01:24
Location: France

Re: Welcome everybody!

Post by Viktor » Sun 30. Sep 2018, 15:01

Hello Ricarda,

thank you for your nice words!

Best wishes,
Viktor.

Post Reply