Under Milk Wood

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Craig

Under Milk Wood

Post by Craig »

I have been desperate to do a recording off this Dylan Thomas epic. I've contacted the copy-write holders a few times over the years, but never really achieved anything.

I understand that Dylan Thomas' work comes out of copywrite on the 4th January 2023. Most of my recording over the past five years has been through Librivox. Because of the US connection it would not be viable to try and organise it through them.

I have recorded for Legamus previously under the Name Craigos, but was not able to get into my account, so have started from scratch!

Is this something that could be done through Legamus? If so.....Where do I start?

Cheers
Viktor

Re: Under Milk Wood

Post by Viktor »

Hello Craig,

I tried to reach out via e-email - very sorry about the long time this message had to wait before approval. Hopefully approvals happen faster from now on; you can post directly and your message will be visible immediately.

Dylan Thomas should be fine for Legamus, only from this year onwards (authors "fall" in the Public Domain on the first day of the year following the 70th anniversary of their death.

E-texts are available from Project Gutenberg Australia and Faded Pages. Do you want to do this as a dramatic recording? then the challenge would be to get enough readers from life+70 countries. (Let alone Welsh-savvy readers...)