Solo [ENGLISH] Homage To Catalonia by George Orwell

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
afinevoice

Re: Solo [ENGLISH] Homage To Catalonia by George Orwell

Post by afinevoice »

afinevoice wrote: Thu 21. Sep 2023, 17:19
Viktor wrote: Thu 14. Sep 2023, 22:10 I move this thread to "Readers Found".
Hi Viktor,
When I'm using the MW I sign in with my password and I can edit some columns but not the Notes column - I don't know if I should be able to, to leave a link to my Reply message. Also it still says Login at the foot of the table when I am logged in. There's no visible Save button and when I return to the window after closing it, my change to the Status column has returned to Assigned from Needs PL. I'm using Version 117.0.5938.88 (Official Build) (arm64) of Chrome but it doesn't behave any differently in Safari 16.6 (18615.3.12.11.2). Is it me? :)
Viktor, I found if I click the pen on the extreme right of a line in the MW, I can amend all the boxes.so I'm okay now
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Sections 2 and 3 are both PL OK :ugeek: :ugeek:

(In the absence of my traditional, compulsive "thumbs-up" for PL OK files, you will get my soul patch and green glasses faces that crack me up) :lol:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 4 is also PL OK :ugeek:

His subtle humor cracks me up, e.g. the passage about the only English phrases the Spaniards knew.

This "war," though - very interesting circumstances, supply situation, state of training, etc. And I'm waiting for a chapter on typhoid, cholera, yellow fever, with the trench defecation going on . . .
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

You have been busy! Well done I took a long weekend off! I better get back to it. I don't get emails to tell me you've posted and I am subscribed to the topic. Do you get them?
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Well, I haven't subscribed, so I don't know if that comes through on email. I just check each morning/evening when I check my LV feed.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

This is the first one that’s come through to my email. I must have ticked/unticked the right box yesterday.
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Hi,
Finally finished this one. It's nearly an hour. Death by initials. I was away for the weekend hence the slowdown :D
Enjoy https://upload.legamus.eu/simple/files/ ... orwell.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Nice work, as always, Adrian. Section 5 is PL OK :ugeek:

You weren't kidding about the initials - I was literally cracking up over them several times. :lol:
But it was a terrific chapter for absorbing much better understanding about the nature of the Spanish Civil War.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Lynette, you always see the good in everything. So glad we are a team on this :ugeek: I'll get on with the next chapter now as you've reignited my regard for the book. Let's face it... after that chapter, the only way is up! Isn't it...?
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

This one's half the length of the previous one and pretty low on initials ;) https://upload.legamus.eu/simple/files/ ... orwell.mp3
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yay! I was able to get into Legamus yesterday and pulled the latest two sections.

Section 6 is PL OK :ugeek:

A note, though - this section comes in at only 86.3 dB. I don't know if you want to raise it a little? If so, I'm happy to spot-PL. (I just know that a lot of our listeners at LV have trouble with anything under 89 - don't know if Legamus has lower parameters, though?)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

P.S. My husband also heard this chapter, as he's home for the weekend, and quite enjoyed your reading.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

:D
LCaulkins wrote: Sat 21. Oct 2023, 17:22 P.S. My husband also heard this chapter, as he's home for the weekend, and quite enjoyed your reading.
I love it when people quite like my reading :D
Last edited by afinevoice on Sat 21. Oct 2023, 21:09, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

LCaulkins wrote: Sat 21. Oct 2023, 17:18 Yay! I was able to get into Legamus yesterday and pulled the latest two sections.

Section 6 is PL OK :ugeek:

A note, though - this section comes in at only 86.3 dB. I don't know if you want to raise it a little? If so, I'm happy to spot-PL. (I just know that a lot of our listeners at LV have trouble with anything under 89 - don't know if Legamus has lower parameters, though?)
To be honest I don’t know if Legamus has different formats to LibriVox. I don’t think so. Anyway I always treat my tracks with MP3 gain and then Checker. I had a bit of difficulty with one track increasing the decibels I tried a few times. I guess I finally left it. It’s been quite awhile since I had that episode because of the downtime so I can’t remember which one it is but it could’ve been this one you’re talking about. I’ll give it another go and see what I can do. It’s quite a lame excuse… :mrgreen:
Thanks,
Adrian
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

HI, after all that story I've quite easily upgraded Section 6 (I think)... https://upload.legamus.eu/simple/files/ ... orwell.mp3
How's that?
Thanks,
Adrian
Viktor

Post by Viktor »

Hello,
I confirm that we don't have any different standards for volume. Doing everything just like for LibriVox will be fine, and it will also facilitate that moment in the future when the text is PD in the US and the recording can be shared with LibriVox.
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

Viktor wrote: Fri 27. Oct 2023, 12:13 Hello,
I confirm that we don't have any different standards for volume. Doing everything just like for LibriVox will be fine, and it will also facilitate that moment in the future when the text is PD in the US and the recording can be shared with LibriVox.
Thanks Viktor
Thanks,
Adrian
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Adrian!

You've been waiting forever for this chapter - I tried to get to it before our trip, but too many errands popped up ahead of the traveling.

But Chapter 7 is PL OK :ugeek:

(eww, the louse passage!)

Also, Ch. 6 is so much better :)
afinevoice

Post by afinevoice »

How's Chapter 8? :D
Thanks,
Adrian